Serving Seniors in Contra Costa
Meals on Wheels of Contra Costa’s program, helping provide meals to homebound seniors, is designed to be as simple as possible for everyone. Below we have put together various resources to help our community.
Resources for seniors
- Contra Costa County Senior Cafes: Café Costa
- Lunchtime meals for seniors 60+
- Website: https://cchealth.org/senior-nutrition/cafe.php
- Locations in: Concord, Pleasant Hill, Rossmoor, Danville, Martinez, San Ramon, Bay Point, Brentwood, Antioch, Pittsburg, Oakley, El Cerrito, Richmond, Hercules, Rodeo, North Richmond, and San Pablo
- Follow this link to find the Café Costa location in your area:
- Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano
- To find emergency food call: 1-855-309-3663
- Find food by city: https://www.foodbankccs.org/get-help/foodbycity.html
- Loaves & Fishes of Contra Costa
- Nonprofit organization providing dining rooms for fresh meals and well-stocked food pantries for all who need assistance.
- Website: https://loavesfishescc.org
- Phone: (925) 293-4792
- Dining Room locations in: Antioch, Martinez, Oakley, Pittsburg, and Walnut Creek
- Food Pantry Locations in: Antioch, Martinez, Oakley, and Pittsburg
- Contra Costa County COVID-19 Food Distribution Map
- Take a look at the interactive map to find more food resources in your area:
Seniors: Abuse Reporting & Emergency Services
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Anyone can make a confidential report if they know or suspect abuse of elders aged 65 and older and dependent adults. The abuse may be emotional, physical, financial, sexual, neglect by others, self-neglect, isolation, or abandonment.
- (877) 839-4347 24-hour hotline
- (925) 602-4179
- 500 Ellinwood Way, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
- Website: www.ehsd.org/elderly-disabled/adult-protective-services
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Support groups, assessment of needs, counseling, information and referral to community programs, and education for caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders
- (925) 284-7942
- (800) 272-3900 24-hour hotline
- 3675 Mt.Diablo Blvd,Ste.250,Lafayette,CA 94549
- Website: www.alz.org/norcal
- Nursing Home Abuse Justice
- Resources for seniors and their loved ones to support individuals who may be experiencing nursing home abuse
- Website: https://www.nursinghomeabuse.org/
Seniors: Adult Day Care
- Adult Day Services Network of Contra Costa
- A centralized referral point for adult day services.
- (925) 682-1000
- 490 Golf Club Rd., Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
- Website: www.adultdaycc.org
- Bay Area Legal Aid
- Free civil legal advice, counsel, and representa- tion to low-income individuals in areas related to housing, public benefits, family law, and consumer protection. Helps individuals and families secure and maintain safety-net bene- fits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), CalFresh (Food Stamps), CalWorks, Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI), and other public benefits programs.
- Legal Advice Line: (510) 250-5270
- Legal Advice Line: (925) 219-3325
- Toll Fee Line: (800) 551-5554
- Administration: (510) 233-9954
- Website: www.baylegal.org
- BenefitsCheckUp — National Council on Aging
- A non-profit, online service that help find benefit programs that could help pay for medications, health care, food, and more.
- Website: www.benefitscheckup.org
- CalFresh (Food Stamps)
- The CalFresh program, formerly known as Food Stamps and federally known as the Sup- plemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), issues monthly electronic benefits (similar to a bank debit card) that can be used to buy most foods such as bread, cereal, fruits, vegetables, meat and fish at many markets and grocery stores. Apply on-line, by phone, or in-person at one of the offices
- Website: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- Central County: (925) 602-9379
- East County: (925) 706-4980 & (925) 513-3720
- West County: (510) 412-3000 & (510) 262-7700
- Bay Area Legal Aid
- Medi-Cal is free or low-cost health coverage for children and adults with limited income and resources.
- To apply: (800) 709-8348
- For existing clients: (866) 663-3225
- Website: www.ehsd.org/benefits/medi-cal-and-health-coverage-options/
- Federal health insurance program for people aged 65 or older and people with disabilities who contributed to Social Security. For problems with Medicare (such as billing or claims) or for a copy of “Medicare and You,” call HICAP at (925) 602-4163.
- (800) 633-4227
- Website: www.medicare.gov
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Contact us with the information or form below with questions about Meals on Wheels Contra Costa, or to find out more about donating.
Attention Meals on Wheels Clients and Families:
Do NOT use this contact information or form to start or stop services, or to inquire about your account. Please see the Services page of this website for the correct contact information.